Ever since my juice cleanse last summer, I’ve made juicing a big part of my life. I try to replace one meal per day with juice and sometimes even two. This is quite difficult when traveling because most cities don’t have juice bars but locally, there are a few different options to get juice.
- Grocery Store – In Columbus, Market District and EarthFare will juice your ingredients for you while you shop. You will most likely have to freeze this juice when you get home to make sure it stays fresh but it is nice because you don’t have to clean up after.
- Farmers’ Markets + Home Juicer – This is the best choice, in my opinion You can purchase a juicer (ranging in price from $100-500) but then you have it when you want it! I juice in the morning before the gym, sometimes at lunch or even the night before. Having juice on hand is the easiest way to make it a lifestyle.
- Juice Cleanses to Order – This is the most expensive route but you don’t have a mess to clean and the recipes are already determined for you. In this previous juice post, I link to several online juicing options.
The benefits of juicing are out of this world! Just to name a few…
- promotes weight loss
- energizes mind and body
- appetite and portion control
- helps lower blood pressure
- strengthens the immune system
- eliminates lead in the body
- helps prevent cancer
- promotes strong bones
- cleanses and purifies the blood
- reduces risk of heart disease or stroke
- detoxifies the entire body
- promote brain health in older adults
I will be posting photos and recipes to help create awareness in hopes that others will join me on my juice journey. If you have any questions about juicing or would like me to make you a glass to try it out, just write me a message. I’d love to hear from you.