- LASIK Eye Surgery: Before I got LASIK, I couldn’t even imagine my life without glasses. I had glasses for 15 years and never wore contacts. It was a part of who I was and I was scared to let the comfort of that go. It’s been 1.5 years now since I had the surgery and I couldn’t be happier. Every couple days I remember my glasses and feel so much better now that I don’t have them holding me back from running faster and swimming further.
- Get a Puppy: The joy that I get from my Golden Retriever when I walk through the front door each day is something that cannot be replaced. I remember the sunny afternoon that I got him, I was smiling so big that the tingle in my jaw turned to a sharp pain. He is such a bright star in my life.
- Start My Own Business: Although this one is a little more stressful than a pile of cupcakes, I am proud that I can say I’m doing it and making money. Now it’s time to keep pushing; the hardest is yet to come and I’m ready for it.
- Complete a Race: This year, I completed my first quarter marathon and it was an incredible feat! I loved all of it, from the daily training, uphill routes, race day event and the champagne toast after crossing the finish line.
- Make Time for Family: It’s easy to say that you are too busy with other obligations but it is so important to not let that be an excuse. This year, I made a resolution to spend more time with the ones I love and it has proven very successful for my mind and my heart.
- Hire a Personal Trainer: I have always been very athletic and didn’t really know how a personal trainer would benefit me until the day I set up my first lesson. I learned more in a 45 minute session than I had in months on the cardio equipment. Learning the proper way to workout to achieve optimum results has really set a new standard for my goals and I love it!
- Laser Hair Removal: Oh yeah! I am all about being efficient. This is a total time-saver in the long run.
- Travel to Europe: Traveling makes me feel completely free; the girl I am without worries. My recent trip to Europe changed the way I think about many things in my life and that is unforgettable.
The people I surround myself with are the ones that truly add to the pleasure and joy I get out of life and I know that there are more unbelievable moments that have changed me for the better, but these are certainly top of the list. What are some of the best things you’ve ever done for yourself?